Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Day in the Year 2100

Date: 24/04/2014

My Personal Dairy:
Date: 2100 XXX XV

7:30am: I woke up by the soft and yet commanding voice from my artificial intelligent housekeeper, Mona. She is a personal assistant robot specifically designed to cater my every need. I had just installed ‘Master Chief 6.0’, ‘100 duties of a house cleaner 3.0’, ‘Chinese Kung Fu Master 2.0’, ‘Common Sense 10.0’ and various other programs necessary for her to have normal interactions with a human being, into her core processor. She speaks ‘Chinglish’ since I brought her last week from a retail store on the virtual reality, ‘Life onLine’ but I found her accent both amusing and friendly.  She can command every home appliance by her ‘Superbrain’ such as lighting and room temperature control system (it cost me a lot, because I am able to install my behaviors, tendencies, preferences and typical ways of responding to certain situations into her ‘brain’) She is like a virtual clone of me except less lazy and more knowledgeable…
 
8:00am: I washed up and took a swim in an artificial-gravity pool i.e. a circular mass of water floating in the air.

8:30am: Mona cooked me a delicious breakfast with conventionally grown food (you know how expensive they are now…) after she completed a daily health and mental check for me (blood pressure, heart rate, mood etc.)

9:30am: I suited up and put IPhone 90 in my eyes. (In case you are new in town, IPhone 90 is Apple’s new release this year, which serves the purpose of contact lenses as well as a phone with Wi-Fi, allowing me to surf the net as a 3D hologram in front of my eyes.)

10:00am: I flied to uni with my shoe-rocket called ‘feet on fire’ and I was just on time for my compulsory class called ‘Relationships between human and robots’.  In this class, I had a deeper philosophical understanding of Isaac Asimov's "Three Laws of Robotics” which are:
  1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
  2. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
  3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law. 

12:00pm: I had lunch with my friends in the university’s food court. (They served organic food and calorie bars with different flavors. Taste really bad….Oh, I miss Mona’s Chocolate Galaxy Cake)

13:00pm: I studied at the university’s library for my test next week on the topic, ‘Alternative Reality-lives without Apple, Internet and AI’.

source: http://thecompanion.in/virtual-reality/
14:00pm: I went to compulsory body fitness class for two hours. The Instructor forced us to go through survival training in the wilderness of Ancient Africa on ‘Life onLine’ with double connections i.e. connect both our body and mind into the virtual reality. (I hate every minute there.)

16:00pm: My free time finally arrived! I had space battles with my friends on ‘Life onLine’ to practice for the World Championship in 2100, where I sliced Jupiter in half by driving my spacecraft at 8x the speed of light.

18:00pm: I arrived home when Mona was waiting for me at the front door holding her homemade chocolate galaxy cake in her hands (I really got my money worth out of giving her the ‘Superbrain’ !)

20:00pm: Mona told me that she had booked a dentist appointment for me tomorrow after she found out I have a wisdom tooth whilst conducting the health check this morning. She also told me that she had self learnt the skills to cook Chinese cuisines at home and I could try them tomorrow over breakfast.

21:00pm: I fall asleep on my magnetic floating bed while dreaming about the Space Battle World Championship where I command 3000 spaceships on the battlefield….

source: wallcovert.com


                                                          --------By Tim--------




No comments:

Post a Comment